RIGA HOCKEY CUP is the largest youth hockey tournament of its kind in Europe. Our experience providing positive hockey emotions for youth players from all over the world in attendance longs already more than 15 years. The tournament is being held in Riga that is a capital city of Latvia and a central heart of the Baltic states.
Since 2021 there are 2 tournaments held under “RIGA HOCKEY CUP” trademark:
- Riga Hockey Cup
- Riga Hockey Cup Summer Edition
Riga Hockey Cup Summer Edition was a solution to postponed “Riga Hockey Cup” in April, 2021 due to COVID-19 pandemic and was held in August, 2021. After successful launch it was decided to give opportunity for the teams that prepare for the upcoming season in most of the Europe to meet annually in the end of Summer and help in preparation by providing a quality game practice place on the ice in the tournament.
Our aim is to provide not only a place of challenge for the players from all over the world but also provide a quality educational part by organizing camps and seminars both for young hockey players, their parents, coaches, and referees. We are working towards building a strong partnership with innovative training and management group “OverSpeed Hockey”
RIGA HOCKEY CUP team provides full service to participants. To ensure comfortable living for all participants have built a cooperation with several 3- and 4-star hotels that will suit all needs and tastes of young players, their parents and team coaches. Our transportation possibilities ensure your mobility during the tournament and even arrival and departure to Riga city but for those who did not have a possibility to travel option to watch games online. More info you will find in section “TEAMS INFO”.
RIGA HOCKEY CUP is always parents friendly inviting not only teams and players but also families to the venue. Parents can stay in the same hotel as players and coaches if required but can also be booked in one of our other partner hotels.
- All tournaments start on Friday at approx. 08.00 hrs.
- All tournaments finish on Sunday (for U13/U15 in Riga Hockey Cup on Monday) around 19.00 hrs.
- Teams are expected to arrive on Thursday.
- Return trip by ferry or plane should be planned not before 21.30 hrs on Sunday (U13/U15 on Monday).
- All teams must have copies of passports available during all their games.
- Schedules for the tournaments will be published in tournament official website www.rhc.lv at least 21 days before the tournament start.
- Minimum number of games 7 (U13/U15: 8 games minimum)
- The number of teams in each group is limited
- Teams must take care of their own health, travel insurance and Covid regulations according CDC suggestions
We also request participating clubs to invite 1 or 2 high level referees, but this is not mandatory. Referees are offered free accommodation (based on arrival on Thursday and departure on Monday and on sharing a double room including breakfast in a 4-star hotel Bellevue Park) as well lunch and dinner on Friday, Saturday and lunch on Sunday at the arena. Travel costs will be on their own expenses.